Sunday 5 October 2008

Glorious Return -ish?

Okay, okay.

Basically I've had a bit of an unforeseen blogging hiatus over the summer due to real life getting in the way. Some things had to get put on the backburner and this blog ended up being one of them. To those of you who are still here (apparently) thankyou for your patience, normal service will be resumed shortly.

I've bought a few albums over the summer, although not as many as I would like (again - real life issues - this time crippling student poverty) and you may see some retrospective reviews. During the summer I also went to the Reading Festival and I all I can really remember is Rage Against the Machine and, for some reason XX Teens. Not because the rest was bad or that I was wasted, but just that my memory really is that shit.

Plus I went from loving Kings Of Leon to hating them during my job which forced me to constantly listen to Radio 1 "Daytime" (AKA hey, we haven't played that song in the last quarter of an hour, let's play it again until our listeners want to burn their ears off with matches) to that tripe they call a "comeback single". Never went away etc. etc. My (i.e. someone elses) opinion on their album (which I haven't even listened to.... very lazy) is summed up by a fantastic review on the music website that appears to hate music, Pitchfork.

Enjoy, until I have a chance to catch up properly myself.

No comments: