Tuesday 14 July 2009

New múm album!

Photobucket
As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to go to Iceland. And ever since I saw the Kings of of Icelandic music Sigur Ros' documentary "Heima", I've REALLY wanted to go to Iceland. One of the standout albums of 2007 to me was múm's Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy, who had only come to my attention thanks to their association with the aforementioned Sigur Ros and my then obsession with Queen of Icelandic music Bjork.

I don't know if its the lack of trees (or indeed, looking like anywhere else on Earth, at all), the fashion for wearing thick knitted jumpers or their relative remoteness, but all the music produced in Iceland has its own unique style and sensibility.

So when I heard that múm were releasing a new album, literally some ten minutes ago, I couldn't wait to post a vacuous raving blog post about my love of Icelandic music. As you may have guessed from the picture above, it will be called Sing Along To Songs You Don't Know and continues their vein of quirky indie folk.

I've heard opening track "If I Were A Fish", which is not only amazingly titled, but sounds amazing too.

Sing Along To Songs You Don't Know is released on August 24.

No comments: