Sunday 4 May 2008

Reading/Leeds Festival Line-up reaction UPDATE! Part 2

NME/RADIO ONE STAGE ADDITIONS
READING SATURDAY
SEASICK STEVE
I saw him perform at last years inaugural Connect Festival at Inverary in Scotland, and he was absolutely brilliant. He produced Modest Mouse's first album dontcha know.

THE TING TINGS
I think these guys have passed me by. I did listen to one of their songs, I think, but it was pretty boring. Saw them on TV the other day too, they appear to only have a drummer and a singer. I don't get it. Kids today, eh?

MYSTERY JETS
Returning to Reading at roughly the same slot they had in 2006, the Eel Pie Island dwelling bizarros are currently touring their new Stephen Street and Erol Alkan produced album "21", which is in shops now.

SANTOGOLD
One of those occasions when the name is familiar but you don't actually know anything about them. Wikipedia tells me she is an American singer-songwriter whose sound is comparable to Tamil tearaway MIA.

JOE LEAN AND THE JING JANG JONG
The worst name for a band since Vincent Vincent and the Villains, they aren't very good at their Razorlight impression either, managing to sound worse, somehow.

KIDS IN GLASS HOUSES
All I can say about these guys is that when I walked past the queue for them playing the Wedgewood Rooms a few months back, 80% of it was 14 year old girls wearing black and pink with to much makeup. AVOID AVOID.

BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB
Pleasant jangly pop written by teenagers, for teenagers. See also: Cajun Dance Party.

No comments: