Friday 18 January 2008

Video: We Are Scientists - After Hours

Photobucket
Ahead of releasing their second major-label LP Brain Thrust Mastery on March 17th, We Are Scientists, now short of original drummer Michael Tapper, have released the video for their next single "After Hours" here.

While the video is an almost typical comical WAS take, it doesn't seem to be as funny as, say "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt". And while the song is in the same vein as the majority of their consistent, yet could-do-better debut, it lacks the proper pop hooks that ran all way through With Love and Squalor.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to hearing the new album, and definately on seeing them tour again, I can't help but feel a little bit dissapointed by this.

Even after a couple of listens, this track seems to drift uncomfortably between contemporary US Indie and something All American Rejects would have written. Okay, maybe I went a bit too far there.

Myspace
Official Site

1 comment:

Joe said...

I liked it. Dogs are awesome. Though the song does seem a bit average. It's not really got the energy I expect from them.